High efficiency canned-rotor circulator, designed for circulating liquids in domestic heating systems. With a world-class energy efficiency index (EEI) well below the ErP benchmark it ensures substantial energy savings.
- AUTOADAPT which provides the ultimate comfort levels with the lowest possible energy consumption and makes the commissioning safe and easy
- Night-setback function which saves energy
- Manual Summer mode saves energy during summertime and ensure safe start in the heating season
- Intuitive one-button operation makes selection of any control mode simple
- No external motor protection required reducing installation time
- High-torque start improves startup under harsh conditions
- Maintenance free due to canned-rotor design and use of robust components
- ALPHA plug makes electrical installation quick and easy
- Insulating shells are supplied with pumps to minimize heat loss in heating systems
- Hydronic balancing by temporary use of the ALPHA Reader and the Grundfos GO Balance App enables the installer to perform fast and easy hydronic balancing
When using the ALPHA2 with two other components the ALPHA Reader and the Grundfos GO Balance app, it enables the installers to perform fast and easy hydronic balancing - without compromising on reliability, efficiency and easy installation.
The AUTOADAPT function continuously adjusts the pump performance to the actual heat demand, i.e. the size of the system and the changing heat demand during the year. The function will find the setting that provides optimal comfort with minimal energy consumption. It contributes to fast, safe and easy commissioning.
In addition, the pump also features three control modes - each with three settings
- proportional-pressure control
- constant-pressure control
- constant-curve mode
The display shows the actual power consumption in Watts or actual flow in m3/h as well as alarms and warnings. LEDs indicate the actual operating status.
The night-setback function, when enabled automatically reduces the motor speed to save energy. The changeover depends on a change in the flow-pipe temperature.
Manual summer mode; once enabled, the pump is automatically started frequently at low speed to avoid blocking the rotor. At the same time, it saves energy.
The pump is of the canned-rotor type, which means that the pump and motor form an integral unit. The bearings are lubricated by the pumped liquid ensuring maintenance-free operation. The pump features dry-running protection.
The pump has a ceramic shaft and radial bearings, carbon thrust bearing, stainless-steel rotor can, bearing plate and rotor cladding, composite impeller, all of which contribute to long life.
The pump is self-venting through the system, which contributes to easy commissioning. The compact design featuring pump head with integrated control box and control panel fits into most common installations.